BEST METHOD FOR A FULL-BODIED BREW
FRENCH PRESS RATIO
- Recommended coffee-to-water ratio 1:15
- For 2 to 3 cups: 35 g coffee (7 tbsp ground) to 525 ml water.
- For 3 to 4 cups: 50 g coffee (10 tbsp ground) to 750 ml water * 1 ml of water = 1 g
MATERIALS YOU'LL NEED
1. Fill your French Press with hot water to preheat. *This is an important step because it will ensure that the water temperature doesn't drastically change while you are brewing.
2. Heat your water kettle to 200°F-205°F (cool for about 2 minutes after boiling)
3. Weigh out the proper amount of coffee beans and grind them to a medium-course setting.
4. Empty the water used for preheating then pour your coffee grounds into the French Press. Set the French Press on top of your scale and zero (tare) it.
5. Set a timer for 4 minutes and begin pouring the proper amount of water over the coffee grounds making sure all the grounds get wet. Set the lid on top of the French Press to keep the heat inside, but do not plunge the filter.
6. After 4 minutes have passed, The coffee is ready to be pressed! Slowly plunge the filter to the bottom of the pot.
7. Immediately pour the coffee into mugs for serving or into another carafe to avoid over extraction and extra bitterness.