BEST METHOD FOR HIGHLY CAFFEINATED, LOW-ACID BREW
COLD BREW CONCENTRATE RATIO
- Recommended coffee-to-water ratio 1:4
- For 10 cups: 125 g coffee (1.5 cups ground) to 500 ml (16.5 ounces) water
- For 20 cups: 250 g coffee (3 cups ground/1 bag Sundream) to 1 L (33 ounces) water * 1 ml of water = 1 g
MATERIALS YOU'LL NEED
1. Weigh out the proper amount of coffee beans and grind them to a course setting (looks like ground pepper).
2. Add your ground coffee to your pitcher and place it on the scale. Zero (tare) the scale.
3. Fill your pitcher with the proper amount of cold water (*1 ml water = 1 g). Use a spoon to stir the coffee, making sure all the grounds are wet.
4. Cover your pitcher with a lid and set aside to steep at room temperature for 12 -18 hours.
5. Once steeped, pour your coffee mixture through a fine-mesh sieve to remove coffee grounds. Pro Tip: Place a pour-over dripper with a freshly rinsed filter over a serving vessel or storage container. Pour the concentrate through the filter, letting the coffee drip through to clear our any sediment.
7. Before drinking, dilute cold-brew concentrate with 1 part concentrate to 3 parts water (or to your preferred taste) and pour over ice. Your concentrate will stay fresh covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.