BEST METHOD FOR BREWING A SINGLE CUP OF COFFEE
- Recommended coffee-to-water ratio 1:12
- 18 g coffee (3.5 tbsp ground) to 220 ml water. Makes a 7.5 oz cup 22 g coffee (4.5 tbsp ground) to 266 ml water. Makes 9 oz cup. * 1 ml of water = 1 g
MATERIALS YOU'LL NEED
1. Heat your water kettle to 200°F-205°F (cool for about 2 minutes after boiling)
2. Weigh the proper amount of coffee beans and grind them at a medium setting (similar to kosher salt)
3. Connect the AeroPress plunger to the chamber (tube) so the plunger rests about an inch inside the chamber. Stand the AeroPress upside down with the chamber facing upward. (Inverted Method)
4. Pour small amount of hot water into AeroPress to preheat it. Place a filter inside the filter cap and rinse it with water (this will reduce the papery flavor the filter may add to your coffee).
5. Set the AeroPress upside down on the scale (chamber facing upward) and pour the ground coffee into the top. Zero (tare) the scale.
6. Start the timer and begin pouring water over the coffee grounds until you have added the proper amount of water. Make sure all the coffee grounds are wet. Give the coffee grounds a stir. Add your filter cap.
7. After 1 minute, hold your mug upside down on the top of the AeroPress and flip everything over onto the counter.
8. Slowly plunge all the coffee into your mug. This should take about 30 seconds.